Friday 3 July 2020

I started another Bridge!

Why oh why did I start another bridge?

I saw a big Notice Board in The Works Publisher. It was approx 2feet or 60cm in width and about 15" deep. Having used one before for my smaller scratch build I thought, "It's only £3.50, I'll do another one larger!"

Then I remembered I had at least 6 pieces of girder sides left over from my Airfix Pontoon bridge kits and decided to give it a raised superstructure.

Using other bits of Hornby fencing, and pylons all of which I got from the NEC toyfair last year I reinforced the upper superstructure. To connect the Ponoon bridge sections to the wood I raided my LEGO spares box. Had to order another 2 vital bits though which gives the joint a fixing point and enforcement.

This is only the basic build at the moment. Painting and on/off ramps I have yet to decide what to do.

Anyway leftovers are great!





No comments:

Post a Comment