Saturday 26 January 2019

New Ruined Gate Entrance for Jaffa WIP.

I was digging through my Wooden bits box. I keep bits from wooden brain teaser puzzles, Jenga, Balsa, Dominoes and other useful shaped things in there.

I decided I wanted a Portcullis gate for all of my ruined wall sections. So I dismantled a Domino box as I had done before for my Graveyard Mausoleum model and used one side of the box. Using the grooves cut into this section. (Originally made to slide the lid in and out of the Domino box) I cut the section in half. Making two opposing sections to stick a grill between. Then just used other bits of wood to complete the supporting walls. I made them on two "Dinosaur Domino" bases. Available from Poundland. Useful for basing as well! Ideal for those who like to use an element base in smaller wargaming!

This is what it looks like so far. The Portcullis is merely a stand in part. I need to get some more hard plastic grill or Needle Point Canvas plastic to cut to size.






I have started using pre-mixed filler to fill larger gaps and skim over to roughen smooth surfaces. Other small balsa bits are glued with PVA. The two cap stoned sections are resin left overs I have had for a while. So in they went.

No comments:

Post a Comment