Tuesday 7 May 2019

The Temple of El-Viz

The Temple of EL-Vis

This absolute huge monstrosity has taken me ages. (Mainly because I was ill for 2 months and then on a course for 2 weeks)

But I at least now have it done to a usable state. The Back definitely needs more work. I will continue adding to the whole model overall though.

The Main body was a Mercedes car Filter. My Brother owns a Garage and gave me this near my Birthday. It had done it's duty as a filter and he thought it was a very usable shape for my lunacy.

I almost instantly thought Jukebox! Then Juke Box Temple! Off to Jaffa it went.

Covered in my Address label technique then under coated to within an inch of it's life. I had to base it.
The filter it self is made of high impact acrylic plastic. It had a hose fixture at what is now the bottom of the temple. It was an integral part of the whole piece and short of high speed cutting tools I wouldn't have been able to cut it off without destroying the whole thing.

So imbedded in cork and wall filler it was. I had to base the whole model to hold it in place. Also added 2 bits of my Jenga steps to give access to the main entrance.

The main entrance was only recently added. I made a suggestion of an ornate doorway from two sets of laser cut wooden clock hands. These I found in The Works Publishers, crafting section. £1.50 for a set of 4 clock faces, (all to small for the hands included and 2 double sets of clock hands) A bit of modifying with a sharp knife and PVA them into an arch.

Hairy string teased out and PVA'ed in place as vines then paint the whole structure in the Jaffa style with Testor Pots £1 each from Wilko. That was my basic build.


 The track selection listing

 A set of French I think rubber stamps from the Works helped me out here. As my freehand is rubbish!


I still have to add some scrub and I daresay I will think of further modifications along the way. But it already weighs a ton!

2 comments: