Friday 27 July 2018

The Bridge. A scratch building.

Well here is the Bridge.
It took me a while. To be honest. Mainly because I have been too tired.
But I can now use this for nearly any Modern and Sci-fi Setting.

Steve Rogers being chased by an M3 Stuart. Both from Heroclix.
 The Bridge is made from a Poundland cork pinboard and its' frame of wood. I took the board apart. Discovered the Cork was a veneer. Not very thick! Backed by corrugated cardboard. I stuck the shorter ends of the frame onto the longer pieces of the frame. Then used Hornby bridge accessories I found for the Iron works. PC cable tidies I picked up from Wilko made good steel looking strengthening parts on each side. (The Square slightly jutting areas on the side of the bridge. You can see 2 of them below) I also used 4 more to raise the bridge slightly underneath.
 Gave it a spray with black mat and white mat paint. Black on the steel works and white on the wood work. Then just attacked it with a whallop brush!
A final sprinkle over some PVA down each side and the middle. Bridgey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment