Friday 24 August 2018

My Diecast Chieftain Tank.

I found two of these old Dinky toys tanks at shows. I remember them as a child. But never realised they were almost the perfect scale for 28mm figures.

They were missing their tracks and other pieces from the barrel of the gun.

I have started painting and detailing them, but they both need more work.

The gun sleeve was taken from one of those cheap ergonomic grip pens. Just used a sharp knife and cut it down the seam. Then slip onto the barrel.




More detail and painting is needed. But usable. I don't really want to cover the turret mantlet section. As on these vehicles the gun rises and depresses via the command cupola being rotated. Anything I put over the hole may interfere with that. Still I may find a solution yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment