Sunday 25 August 2019

Even newer WIP Refinery builds.

It has been a while since I made a new post. But I have been working on new stuff in bits and bobs across all the subjects on the Blog.

Here are some of my latest bits for my Modern/Sci-fi scenery.

The main sections of most of these storage vessels are made from credit card PDQ machine rolls, cash register receipts rolls and some thicker Lottery Machine ticket rolls.
The pipework sections are made from cut down sections of plastic kit sprues that I have kept and asked my friends if they can keep them aside once they have built the kits.

 It does help to keep all useful looking bits and bobs from various kits, cheap games and electronic devices in you spares containers. Bases from Heroclix are incredibly handy as toppers for storage vessels.


 These Wall Anchor parts make very nice decoration for pipe/sprue bases. Also add a lot of strength to the fixture at the base. I only had a limited number at this point. I intend to get more of them. At £1 for a bag of 6 anchors they will go far.
 Some of the pipework here does not include the anchors. This was before I discovered how useful they were. Experimentation is the key. The rolls are covered in Aluminium reflective tape. More to seal the cardboard rolls from any paint absorbtion than decoration. Very easy to smooth out after application and can give an underlying metal scratch effect to painting afterwards.





 Lookout for the wooden shapes in the Works Publishers. Under the craft section. Many things there can save you a lot of time. One disc here tops the larger roll in the background. The disc on the front roll is actually a clock face dial. The pen refill was out of teh spares box.
 On this one the use of an old biro pen case as an exhaust chimney and on the base a pure juice carton opener on the base just gives some detail.
As you can see from the bottom picture. All of these builds need more little bits of detail and painting to make them more pleasing. But the general idea is coming along nicely.
The bases were made from my label wrapping technique over a drinks coaster. Another thing I found in my local Poundland. They had squared corners and were reduced to 25p for packs of 4. I can't seem to find anymore of them. Even in other Poundlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment