Saturday 23 February 2019

Another type of Gate.


New Gate Compound Entrance Build


Here I go again! I started building this, while I still haven't finished the last double gate yet.

But inspiration goes where it wants to.

Here the idea was for a main gate style entrance to a vehicle compound or base style complex.
It will only fit smaller military style vehicles. Light tanks or APCs. Sci-fi, Modern or Post Apocalypse 28mm stuff.

Again I used Jenga, Kids building blocks and wooden puzzle pieces for the wall elements. The gate itself is again the Mesh I got from Libbyslounge on Ebay.

Seeing as I had a bit of trouble with the hinge sections on my last gate. A friend suggested using paper clips to thread the cut away mesh through. The only ones I had were plastic coated and far to hard to bend into the small eyelets I would need.
Adapting the idea a bit. I dug out some staples. Cut them in half across the top of the staple and bent the 90 degree angle a little bit more. Then I drilled holes with a pin vice drill and fitted the staples into the holes forming the eyelet. I made sure they were at the right height to fix the gate mesh at the right level. Super glued the staples. Waited for that to dry completely then fitted the gates. Easy. Just cut through the edge of the mesh in two places lining up with the hinges. One cut blade width and you can pop the eyelets through the cuts into the gate mesh.




The right hand gate is still a bit tight. But I expect that to be less of a problem later.
I will probably painting this in a concrete grey. Mesh of course will be metallic in some form. I may even spray it a Blue or Red then drybrush the gate with metallic to give it a worn look.

No comments:

Post a Comment