Saturday 16 February 2019

I started another Gate. More conventional this time.

After my Portcullis style gateway. I decided to have a go at another more conventional style double gateway.

Again I went through my wooden puzzle bits box. I found myself a base. Made out of a Domino slide box top piece which I covered in the sticky address labels. Then glued various bits of mixed brain-teaser and Jenga blocks to. Some dominos were also added with their backs facing outwards.

I had some thick card as well, which I cut into random shapes for broken masonry.
The gates are again the 7 point canvas mesh. No measurements just what looked right to my eye.
The hinges came from another ebay provider of electrical connectors parts. Loads of them for about £2.
I just cut into the plastic canvas and removed a small amount of the mesh allowing an outer bolt I could thread into the connector housing. This works as a hinge. Though it is a little to tight for opening the gate properly. I will tinker.

Here is the start at the moment.

 And here is the first gate more in Situation. Though I can obviously use it anywhere with my other Jaffa Walls and Temples.


Ebay and Libbyslounge.co.uk for the Mesh . 7 point Plastic Canvas. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254079761039

No comments:

Post a Comment