Tuesday 26 March 2019

Next Step in the Juke Box Temple.

Here is the next part of what I have done so far to my Temple of El-Viz.

I have included similar pictures just in case. But pretty much it is the basing and vines detailing that I have concentrated on in this step.

I had to sink the Air Filter into the base. To do this I used thick and thin cork tiling sheets. I traced around the filter hose intake, and cut that from the tile. Then used thinner cork sections of tile to fill most of the remaining gap with a more solid base. These were all liberally PVA'ed together as I fitted them into place. I was very rough here as you won't see them anyway.
Next lots of pre-mixed polyfilla from Poundland in a tub.

 I had already made the smaller Jenga steps at the front of the model. The larger section behind I made specifically for this model. To raise them to where I want to fit the door. As you can see. I haven't put that in place yet. Mainly because I am still waiting to find someway or something to build it out of or use for it.
 The Vines are made from hairy string/twine that I undid a bit and teased out. Very fiddly but you can make all sizes of creeper vines from it then. Pva it to the model. This is very messy. I tried not to go over the top with them.
 The Stairs had to be placed on more Cork tiling sheets to get them to where I want to place the door finally. The big open spaces at the top of the stairs and across the grill looking section, will in the end be where the door is fitted and some suitable squares that will look like buttons for the Juke Box will be housed. I am playing with the idea of track listings in "Pictograms" to go next to them.
 The side of the temple. Shorter pieces of hairy string mounted in the same way as the front. The base is still being added to. Painting should follow after the Door and button conundrums are solved.
I hope you like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment